Wednesday, October 29, 2014

The Studying Cycle

It's senior year at UC Davis. By now I should be a pro at studying, but I was never good at studying. So... now that my time here is coming to a close. I think its time I actually study. lol. The crazy thing is, I finally consciously realize why I say this at the beginning of every quarter and it never happens. Want to know why??

It's because no matter how much you read, no matter what you do, you always feel behind. Or at least I do. So... about this time every quarter, a week or two before midterms I just stop caring because I feel like I'm never going to catch up. This feeling continues to be true because no matter how much I read, no matter how much more I've been reading this quarter then every other. I'm still just as far behind as I always have been. 

So... the question is... do I kill myself to catch up for once and see if it works or do i stop trying like always? I'm think I'm going to continue to try up until midterms and then, if that doesn't work, i'll just give up. Midterms get in the way too because you're like do I do the reading I never had a chance to do or do i go off of the material I know is going to be on the test? Midterms and tests, everything about college is all about managing your time and priorities, which class do I need to study more for. Which book is more important. Do I want to have al life and see people or do i want to be a hermit.

All of these things are things that we need to decide and that get infinitely worse when finals come up. The whole issue that we're on the quarter system makes everything worse as well because sometimes you have to cram a semester load of work into 10 weeks instead of 18. Luckily for me, that isn't really an issue political science majors have. Basically, this post in a way is a way for me to procrastinate even more on my reading, but to make myself feel better, I'm saying its for you guys, so you know you're not alone in this never ending school cycle. That school work will just never be caught up no matter how hard you try.

No comments:

Post a Comment