Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Resolutions

Every year, you hear people talk about making new year resolutions. I never keep mine so... I don't really give it much thought. That, and I probably make new ones every 3 months. I'm gonna study more, I'm gonna work out more. Resolutions are simply things we wish to be better at doing. We probably make them a lot more often then we think we do. They're just most common at the new year and you do it consciously.

NYE with K & B 5 years ago
Every year at the new year many people are consciously making the decision to work out more and by February half if not more of those people have failed on their new year's resolutions. Is this any reason to give up on making new year's resolutions? If you're like me yes... because you make new ones every couple of months without even thinking about doing it. But if you're not then no because they can actually be helpful even for that little while, and it is possible they will last for once.

One year, about 10 years ago my brother-in-law made a resolution to not drink for a whole year, and he did it. Resolutions are not impossible. Just like many things, if you get off the schedule you'll stopping doing it, at least that's how it often works for me with cooking, studying, working out, writing, and probably a million other things.

So.. are you making a New Year's Resolution this year? If so what is it? Mine will be to work out more at least until March when I have my Physical Fitness Test for the Marine Corps. I'll be starting my gym challenge when I get back to school on the 5th. I hope you have a wonderful New Year. I'll tell you all about mine tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment