Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Donating Blood is that, a Donation

Currently, my school is having a blood drive. Which, I think is wonderful thing for someone to do. However, I have never done one. I always, look and tell myself I should do it because it's a good thing to do. You're helping someone else in their time of need.

But, I always think back to this time in high school. I never signed up them because it had a weight requirement for each height and I was the same weight as the requirement. I thought about signing up, but I really didn't want to get sick. Then, right when I was like I'm sure I won't get sick from it, this girl who is about the same height as me if not taller and the same weight as me if not more came in from the blood drive. She told about how her face turned green and she threw up and from then on I said no, no, no, no, no I'm not giving blood.

I don't want to get sick and then not even be able to donate all the blood they need or it be unusable because I got sick. Especially now, if I get sick from donating my blood or feel lightheaded, I can't go to work after. All I do is drive around, that's dangerous. You could say I'm making excuses, which since, I no longer weight what I did in high school. If I did, I would be a skinny skinny girl. I really like my weight just maybe 5 lbs less, what it was before I joined the Marine Corps.

Basically, what I'm saying is donating blood is a good thing, but if you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't. Donating blood is just that, a donation. Whenever, the blood drive comes around and I don't donate I feel a little bad and I shouldn't because it is a donation. So, I don't want you to feel bad either. You are allowed to say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment