Sunday, January 11, 2015

Hiking

This morning started with a good ole Marine Corps hike. I was a little worried it would strain my calf muscle more, but luckily it didn't hurt that bad. I was perfectly fine on the flat ground. It was really the uphill that hurt it, I think it was the stretching that the uphill hiking causes your calf muscle to do. It didn't help that i was really paranoid about hurting it, so, I was walking slower at first in general, specifically to not hurt myself more. However, it turned out perfectly fine, yay! I was definitely very aware of how my two legs felt though. My left one, the one that's hurt had a slight pain all the way through and it never got worse after the initial uphill.

Anyways, hopefully, it will continue to not be too much pain because we have a 4 mile run tomorrow.  My calf hurting during that would be no fun, that is when the original pain started, and I couldn't even run a mile. So, hopefully it doesn't start to hurt again. 

My outfit this morning was hilarious. I was wearing my black american eagle jeans with my UCD sweater, sounds totally normal right, it wasn't. I had to wear my combat boots with this and my skinny jeans were not going to fit over the top of my pants. So I put my socks over my pants like a silly person and then rolled my socks over my boots. Not until we were on the hike did someone tell me that I could of put my socks under my pants. It's a good idea, but I don't know if I would of liked it.

Spent the rest of the day just doing stuff on the computer in the office in my cammies. Anyways, at dinner, I finally got to put on comfy clothes again. I was originally really disappointed with the fact that I left my shoes in my car. However, when I found this sweater, i really liked how it looked with my running shoes. I wish this picture showed it better because I think it looked so much better in person. It is definitely a comfy day outfit.

Sweater: 3 years ago
Pants: American Eagle, 2 years ago
Shoes: Nike, 1 year ago

No comments:

Post a Comment