Friday, January 9, 2015

Internship: Day 1


Thursday, January 8th

I can't really talk about my internship that much apparently, at least, no specifics. Anyways, I didn't really do anything today except get acquainted with the office. It seems like it will be a pretty fun and interesting place to work. The style of clothing people where there are also all very different, so, I have no idea what I should be wearing. Scratch that, I do, as long as it's business casual or dressier, I mostly just don't know what I want my style to be I think. Anyways, I wore one of the new dresses I got with my grandma. I'm in love with it. I just wish you could wear dresses a lot, it's too obvious when you wear them often. Anyways, here was the outfit I wore on the first day of my internship.

Dress: BCX, Macy's, recent
Cardigan: H&M, old
Boots: Clarks, 3 years ago

I actually like the dress better without the cardigan, but I thought to be safe I better wear the cardigan to hide my shoulders. Business attire used to mean no shoulders, so, I covered them up. I hope this dress also looks cute with a blazer because I need to invest in one of those soon. I need lots of business clothes.

There's a waterfall at the entrance of my internship. It's super pretty. At least for an office building waterfall, the picture does not do it justice. I would of taken another picture before I left, but the congressmen's office looks directly out to the waterfall and they all would of seen me take the picture. That would of been a little embarrassing. I didn't feel like being embarrassed on my first day there, even though I probably never would of known they even saw me do it.  However, it still consciously crossed my mind, so, I did not do it.

I got out of my internship a little early since we weren't doing much today. I headed home ate lunch and went to class. On a normal day it will probably be kind of a tight squeeze, but it will have to do since, I need an internship for my resume. I will probably like the internship, but it is also really good for resume experience.

So, my outfit for class today was something I don't normally wear together. The black and bright blue pants are really contrasting to me, when I left the house I really didn't think it looked good at all, but I didn't want to change. However, when I looked at the pictures, I really liked how it turned out with the vans. I'm really happy I wore those instead of my new converse. I liked how the black top and black shoes counteracted the bright blue pants in the middle. I think it came out really nice. What do you think?

Shirt: Vans, 1 year ago
Pants: Gap, Recent
Shoes: Vans, 1 year ago

After my one class for the day, I didn't have work today. So, I went home ate lunch, watched a couple Friends episodes and waited for my package to come in. It never came in. I even left for home planning to stop at Comcast before heading home. Then I realized I left my computer charger, so, I went to Comcast and then back to my apartment and still no package. So, I guess, it wasn't meant for me to do my homework this weekend.

On the way home I saw the prettiest sunsets. I wish I could have taken pictures of them all. I haven't seen ones this pretty in a while, and I definitely haven't taken pictures of them in forever. So, I spent some time at home ate some dinner

After that, I went to my sisters and hung out with them and my nephews. I was checking out my sister's new computer when Q came and cuddled up with me, it was so cute. X was being his normal self and being so mean and stubborn and not giving hugs and kisses, but I still love him so much. I hate not being able to see them whenever I want, it's going to suck even more if I move. I am ready for a new scenary though, but we'll see what happens, It all depends how my job hunt goes in June. I'm really not looking forward to that, searching for jobs is no fun.

After hanging with them, I went out with one of my friends to a bar in my hometown, Vinnie's. Every Thursday, the bar has a salsa night. They love it, I'm not very good at salsa dancing, so, I'm whatever about it, but it's nice to go out with them. I'm really bad at salsa dancing, but its usually pretty fun. I pretty much wore the same outfit, I just changed my pants to make it more going out, meaning, I changed into a slightly darker pair of pants. I thought we were just getting drinks, which to me meant we were staying for like an hour at most. I mean we only stayed for two, but still. I didn't think it would be that long, or else I would of put on more of a night shirt.

If you're wondering where my workout for the day was, I didn't do one today. I realized I actually might of hurt one of my calves yesterday. It hurt all day, I hope it's just sore from a workout, but it doesn't really feel like that. So, I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to make sure hiking on it this weekend won't hurt it more. So, no workout today, maybe tomorrow depending on what the doctor says.  Anyways, I hope you guys had a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment