Thursday, January 8, 2015

Workouts: Day 3

I woke up at 7 this morning, I felt pretty good, I contemplated getting up and going to the gym, but figured I would have time to go after dinner. I only planned on doing a nice and easy run. It worked out even better that I decided to go in the afternoon because I ended up not having to go to work today either. So, I got to go to the gym in between lunch and dinner, it was so nice.

Anyways, I started my day by getting dressed, like normal. I thought about wearing gym clothes to class today and going to the gym right after since I didn't have to go to work today. However, I realized if I did that I would be starving and wouldn't be able to work out. I've been wanting to wear my giants t-shirt because I'm anticipating Baseball season. I can't wait until the season starts. I couldn't wear it yesterday because I wanted to wear my black pants and black and black don't usually look good together. (I'll have to see if I can find one that does to show you guys.) 

I really like side braids, it's a nice simple way to wear your hair with very little effort. I also really like braids because you can see the dyed part of my hair, and its usually pretty hard to see, so, this makes me happy. In the picture on the right you can see I'm repping my favorite player Buster Posey, I know he's a lot of people's favorite players, but yea, I still love him. 

Shirt: Heads Up Sports, recent
Pants: American Eagle, 2 year ago 
Boots: Cathy Jean 4 years ago. 

I know, I wear these boots a lot. I feel like I just have to get there use in because winter season is so short. So, now that I know they go with like everything, I feel like I have to wear them all the time. 

I got out early from my first class and had an hour to kill. So, I thought I would feed my starving tummy and walk to the Starbucks on campus. Hopefully, we get out early a lot so, I can make this a routine. I love a drink in the middle of the day. However, a Starbucks once a week might end up being a lot. I'm only on a college student budget here. 

Anyways, I got a delicious chocolate croissant and a grande hot chocolate. I have been in love with chocolate croissants since I tried my first one in the 8th grade, I haven't been able to kick them since. Anyways, since, it's still cold out, I'm in my hot chocolate phase, once it starts to warm up I'll start getting my Passion Tea Lemonades, they are so good.  P.S. Starbucks, at least on campus no longer has Christmas cups, they still had them on Monday when I went. So, this made me very sad to see the boring white cups again. I don't know what it is about the red ones, but they make me happy. 

After my lunch, I relaxed for a little bit and then hit the gym. I really wish I was able to work out more, but for some reason my calves really started to hurt after a mile. It felt like shin splints in my calves. It was really weird. So, tomorrow, I'll try to run a little farther and see what happens. My friend said sometimes it just happens after you haven't been woking out for awhile, but I can never find a consensus in answers for stuff like this. So, I just stop if the pain hurts to much and try again another day. 

I planned to workout some more later in the day, but my calves were still hurting off and on. So, I decided not to push it in anyway. So, hopefully it will be better tomorrow and I'll have more to share. But today was just a short run on the treadmill at my apartment complex. At least I got up and did something though. That's one of the first steps in beginning to workout. 

Tank Top: Old Navy, recent
Capris: Old Navy, 1 year ago
Sports Bra: Costco, 1 year ago
Shoes: Nike, 3 years ago 

I normally wear my blue sports bra with my blue shirt, but I actually like how it looks here. I usually actually don't put that much thought into my gym outfits because I'm going to the gym and I'm gonna end up looking sweaty and gross anyways. So, who really cares if I look cute or not. 

Tomorrow I start my internship. I am so excited. I cannot wait, I'm going to be wearing a new dress and everything that my grandma and I got last week. I cannot wait to tell you guys all about it. I hope you have a good day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment