Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Drinking Alone

In Davis I generally eat dinner alone. I usually just got back from babysitting and no one is home or they are busy studying in their rooms. Whenever I have beer or hard cider in the house, I generally want to drink it with my dinner or shortly after dinner to relax and enjoy a little bit of my night before I start studying.

If I get around to grabbing one out of the fridge I sometimes have this short thought of should I be drinking this alone? If I remember to grab it before I eat my dinner it really isn't a big deal because it's just a drink with dinner. However, every once in a while I'll forget to grab it with dinner and I'll still want a beer while I watch TV. So, then, I'll think if it's ok.

This weekend it came up while my friend and I were walking to the club. He acted like it wasn't a big deal. So, I got to thinking why does this bother me and yet he thinks nothing of it. 
1. I think it depends on what you're drinking alone. And 2. how much you are drinking. 

I wouldn't normally sit at home and take shots, by myself. However, a beer or glass of wine could be fine since, it just with dinner or a movie. I realized that even this little bit bothers me a little because of how I was raised and how my parents react to the drinking of alcohol.

Me and my Corona
I bring up alcohol and my dad just thinks I'm an alcoholic because he just sees me through Facebook. Which, often involve drinking because that's when people think to take pictures is when they're having fun. 

My mom very rarely even has a drink with dinner when we go out. The only alcohol in their house is mine that I just forgot their or they got for presents. So, basically my family isn't really a drinking family. Therefore, any type of drinking is a lot for them and this is why, my drinking a beer at night alone is something I worry about.

This is the outfit I wore today. I did change my pants after class though because the ones I was wearing before were hurting my stomach. I need to hit the gym, but they are always more tight then these ones.

Sweater: Old Navy, Recent
Pants: American Eagle, 1 year ago
Boots: Cathy Jean, 3 years ago

Do you guys ever worry about drinking alone? Do you think it should or shouldn't be done? Or am I simply making a big deal out of nothing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment