Friday, March 27, 2015

The Dreaded Job Search

Bored looking for a job
With my impending graduation in June looking for a job is constantly at the forefront of my mind. It really just makes me more stressed and bored then anything. I'm really good at looking for jobs I can apply for. However, I'm not very good at the whole actually applying for the jobs part.

It is just so stressful. You have to make sure your resume and cover letter are perfect for every single job. So, it takes like 30 minutes to apply to a single job, that you most likely won't even get. It's very frustrating.

During Spring Break I was supposed to focus on starting to apply to jobs. However, it's extremely boring and I just haven't been able to bring myself to do it. Hopefully, today or the next two days will go better because I really want a job not to long after I graduate.

I mostly use two websites to find jobs. My school website, Aggie Job Link, which I think anyone can sign up and use. As well, I get emailed a list of jobs that the House of Representatives is looking to fill. However, after I met with someone who used to work on the Hill. He made it seem like it would be really hard for me to find a job without being in DC already. Anyways, hopefully it all works out.

P.S. My one and only tip to you for finding a job which may or may not be helpful is to set a schedule and a goal. I've never looked for a full-time job in my life, so this might not be right at all. But it  works for me, I just haven't set one yet.

What websites do you guys use to look for jobs?

No comments:

Post a Comment