Tuesday, April 7, 2015

A "J" Kind of Night

Friday Night I went to two places in Downtown Concord or near it. DJ Bistro and EJ Phairs. I didn't realize they were both J places until I started to write this post. It's kind of funny isn't it? Anyways, I tried two new beers that I definitely enjoyed and will get again. Sorry, that there are no pictures. I'm horrible, I know.

I started the night by joining my cousin N and his friends for drinks at DJ Bistro. They ate before I got there. They told me it was really good, but I don't know first hand. So, don't quote me on it. It is however, a cute little German restaurant on the outside of Downtown Concord. I can't wait to go back and try the food.

I did try one of the beers though. It was a Pilsner they have on tap there. I'm not a big fan of beer, but I definitely think I'm getting more acquainted with it because I loved the Pilsner. It was a complete shock to me, but it was a light beer which I like better then anything else. And I'm pretty sure it was like 5 dollars for the beer which was in a .5 liter glass.

After I joined one of my high school friends W at EJ Phairs. I thought he was there with friends, but it turns out almost every Friday he just hangs out there and watches the games. He knows the bartender. I don't know why, but I think knowing the bartender is pretty cool. I go to some bars pretty often and always have the same bartender. Yet, I don't know them, maybe its because I only go when its really busy?

Anyways, at EJ Phairs. I tried the wheat beer they had on tap and it was way to wheat like. Definitely didn't like it. It didn't taste like beer though. Everyone always gives me a funny look when I say that, but I can't explain it, beer just has a specific taste that I don't like to taste. Anyways, so, then I told her "I like light beers, but maybe ones that aren't wheatie." I've had beers that tasted like that before and I didn't like them. So, then she had me try the So I Bitter they have on tap. It was really good. I think I like the Pilsner better. I attempted to mention that to her, but its either a type of beer or they don't have it on tap there because she had no idea what I was talking about.

If you didn't realize I know very little about beer. However, I think I finally know what kind I like or what I should at least try to look for on the menu. So, yay!!! I'm actually really excited because I always just order a Corona because that's what I know and it is delicious. You should definitely get it with a lime though because it is noticeably different without one.

No comments:

Post a Comment