Friday, April 24, 2015

Big Family Pictures

This is my last post from when my sisters were in town. Posting about them makes it seem like they're still here. I wish they were still. Well Amanda is still in California, but I don't think I'll see her again before she leaves. She's with her husbands family.

Today was a crazy busy day and by the end of it all I wanted to do was sleep for like ever. So, my sisters and I woke up and slowly prepared for the day. Well the three of us did. Amanda and David had to rush out of the house with the kids to get ready for the party and go to mass before the Baptism. Kristina, Rebecca and I on the other hand did not go to mass and leisurely got ready for the Baptism.

The Baptism was shorter then I thought it would be now that I look back at it. It may be because I've usually had to go to church first. I really don't know, but it was pretty short. After, since, my whole family was in town we all took family pictures. This is when the craziness kicked in. There are a ton of us and Rose was upset because she couldn't wear what she wanted to wear. Plus, everyone was all over the place. Note to self: this is why I'm only having one kid. So, much less chaos.

The pictures turned out really good. Our Uncle Ernie took them. I just wish we got different poses with the whole family. The picture would be amazing if everyone is looking. Actually, shockingly with as much was going on, I'm surprised almost everyone was looking, even the kids.

If you have a big family you probably know what a miracle this was. There was arguing and fighting both before, during, and after we took the picture. I wish I could give you tips on how to take a good family picture where everyone is happy, but honestly I don't have any. I currently don't think there are any tips. I would say maybe when we're older we'll get good ones, but then the nieces and nephews will probably be messing up the pictures. On the plus side at least we always have a story with a family picture. This person was upset for this reason or this happened. That part is pretty exciting.

I could however, definitely give you the steps of taking a family picture though.
1. The whole family is going to be in town. So, you plan to take family pictures.
2. Figuring out where and what we're going to wear.
3. Someone being unhappy about something.
4. Making that person happy, but accidentally making someone else kinda upset
5. Everyone sucking it up
6. Figuring out what you're all actually wearing.
7. The day of night before realizing someone didn't know what we were wearing for the picture.
8.Finally taking the picture, but said person in step 7 is still upset.

9. Done taking the picture
10. Someone wishing we took more or different poses etc, etc.

Basically a big family has a lot of drama when it comes to creating a family picture, but you can end up with a really good picture.

After the Baptism and pictures we all went back to my grandmas house for a party. We really all just hung out. It was really fun. Sorry, not much to post about there. And of course I had to take a picture with my Grandma, but this is my Grandma on my mom's side. The Party was at my step dad's mom's house.
This photo was taken by my sister.

All photos Courtesy of Uncle Ernie make sure you go check out his website.

Update: expect to see a Who's Who page appear soon. Now that I finally have pictures to show of my ginormous family.

Do you take family pictures? Do they have as much drama as mine?

No comments:

Post a Comment