Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Era Art Bar and Lounge - Friday Night

Before, Rebecca got here I was super excited to go out with her and drink and have a really fun time. But Thursday night she bailed and for some reason as it got later on Friday I was getting super tired and wasn't feeling like going out. However, it seemed like she wanted me to go with her so, I sucked it up and went. 
Which, I'm really happy about because I had a really fun night. Her friends were super chill and fun to hang out with. We went to Era Art Bar and Lounge in Oakland around 11 and it was pretty empty. So, I was thinking it wasn't gonna be that much fun, but if you go to a crappy place with the right people anywhere can be fun. 

However, it filled up really fast after we got there and it turned into a pretty good night. They played a good mix of old and new music I think. It wasn't top 40 or anything. I think they played Miley Cyrus- Party in the U.S.A at one point. Oh they played a remix kind of of it. It was actually a little disappointing because I was super into the song when they changed it. 

The lounge also had an upstairs with another bar, but when were there it wasn't open yet and we never went back up after the beginning of the night. It might of opened when the bar got more packed, but I can't say for sure. I can tell you that one of the bartenders did not know what a Bay Breeze was and my sister was a little upset because whatever he made her she didn't like. So, make sure your bartender knows what you're ordering or tell them if it tastes wrong. 

The bar was a lot of fun, but it wasn't my usual crowd of people. I think I had a really fun night because of the people I went with. I would definitely try it again to make sure. They did charge a $10 cover, but if you get on the guest list its free. So, that's definitely what I would do if I went again.

How many times do you need to try a spot before you know if you like? Do you ever know in one try if you like a place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment