Monday, April 20, 2015

Family Time

My two sisters came to visit this weekend Rebecca from Chicago and Amanda with her family from Maryland. Rebecca actually flew in Wednesday night and I got to see her Thursday night. We didn't really get to hang out until Friday though.

I was pretty busy with interviews all day and only got to meet with Rebecca for lunch. We went to Cheese Steak Shop. They make amazing Philly cheesesteaks. They're actually right around the corner from my parents house, but I haven't been able to go in awhile.

So, when my sister mentioned wanting to go while she was visiting it definitely satisfied a craving I didn't even know I had. I always get the mushroom and cheese one. It was amazing, I'm so happy we went. I got a whole meal, but there weren't enough fries and honestly they weren't that good either. Maybe it was just the day, but I'm definitely going to think twice before I get them next time.

I didn't see everyone until dinner time. We had pizza and wings for dinner from Round Table. It was normal pizza, nothing to write home about. After we ate we played some family games. My brother Daniel really wanted to play twister, but there wasn't nearly enough space for all of us. So, everyone younger then him: Rose, Xavier, and his girlfriend, and David, Amanda's husband played. Daniel wanted to play so bad, but he actually ended up losing. He was squished between his girlfriend and David and was getting stepped on like every 5 seconds and eventually fell. It was a really fun family moment.

After that we played Apples to Apples. I don't know what it was, but it just wasn't as fun as it was every other time I played. I don't know if its because there were 11 people playing or because I've played Cards Against Humanities, but for some reason I really didn't enjoy it that much. However, it was nice and fun to be with all my siblings for once and to spend time as a family. Lastly, my sister Rebecca and I went out Friday night, but I'll update you about that in a later post.

What do you do when your family gets all together? Is it calm or crazy and chaotic?



No comments:

Post a Comment