Monday, April 27, 2015

Midtown Sacramento (100th Post!!!!)

I've been dying to try Barwest on a Thursday Night because I've heard its amazing. Which it was pretty amazing, I definitely want to go again, but next time we'll probably club after. It definitely didn't have a dance floor like my friend said it did.

However, we started the night at Monkey Bar which is like walking distance from Barwest. They couldn't stop talking about think Monkey Juice which they said was amazing. So, we went and we all got one. To be honest it wasn't bad it just wasn't the drink for me. It was a little to sugary, which, actually ended up being the theme of the night. Like half the drinks we had had a ridiculous amount of sugar. Monkey Bar has one pool table and Thursday Night is college night. So, with your college ID you get happy hour prices on everything.

After Monkey Bar we walked down to Barwest and you could tell it was packed as soon as we turned the corner. Which, I took as a great sign and it definitely was. It was a totally different vibe from the lsat time we went and I loved it. The place was packed and they were playing good music. The one downside was there was no dance floor like I said earlier. It would of made the place perfect. Mostly because I really wanted to dance.

On Thursday's until like 11 I want to say they have half of fish bowls. We tried to order one at like 11:15 and she said they were regular price. We did get one right when we got in it was like the Fruit Punch one. I don't remember the exact name, but it was pretty good, but it was super sugary. Like you couldn't taste the alcohol at all. I was a little doubtful if there was even any in there. However, that is probably the point. It's a "silent killer" or whatever people like to say about drink that sneak up on you. I wish I remembered the other drink we tried, but I can't for the life of me, but its something you could get in a fish bowl and it was also super sugary.

This night definitely made me realize sugary drinks are good, but not for me. I don't want to be able to taste the sugar. Like I love Red Bull Vodka, but I can't really taste the sugar in those. I could literally only taste sugar and I just didn't really like it.

What do you think about sugary drinks? Where do you go in Sac or the Bay? I love trying new places. So, give me some recommendations please.

No comments:

Post a Comment