Friday, May 1, 2015

Back to Working Out

Image from Every Second Counts
So, since, I started consistently writing this blog for you and for me. I've been trying to get back into working out. And as you and I both know, I've been failing miserably at it. So.... this is me once again trying to get back to working out. So, I've decided to make weekly goals for myself. Which, that goal is currently only at this week because I can't figure out what weekly goals to make just for toning.

My goal for this week was just to get back to working out. So, everyday this week I planned on doing a yoga workout. It's nice and easy and calming. For me this is the perfect way to get back into working out. It's not stressful and best of all I can do it at home. I have this wonderful Yoga app called Yoga Studio. They offer classes in 15, 30, and hour increments and a variety of different types of yoga. I mostly use strength, flexibility and relaxation, but there are a variety of other ones as well.

The first three days, I did it every day. I was only doing 15 minute workouts, but it was still a chore to get it done. How this is. I have no idea because I definitely have 15 minutes a day to spare and do a quick 15 minute exercise. However, it was, but I eventually did it. However, yesterday rolled around which was kind of a crazy day. Like I told you about yesterday and I never got around to do my quick workout, but a break one day of the week isn't horrible. I got back to the workout Thursday. Hopefully, I continue it the next two days.

So, it didn't really mess me up at all which is good. The biggest issue with me in working out is getting on a schedule and sticking to it. Once, I mess up my predetermined schedule in my head it often just makes me stop working out. My goal for next week is to do a run three times a week, it doesn't matter how long. Well... ok, it has to be at least 10 minutes. and to do yoga 6 times a week again.

Today is also the first day of the Ultimate Plank Challenge by Jen at Peanut Butter Runner. There's a different plank exercise everyday. I'm gonna give it a try. You should too. There is also a way to win some prizes every week. You may be a day late, but you should definitely still go check it.

No comments:

Post a Comment