Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. They are lost, but never forgotten. I'm lucky to not know anyone who lost their life in combat. However, many people do and their brother, sisters, mom, dad, and friend deserve to be remembered. The actions they have taken allow us to live the free life that we have today. I hope you are enjoying your memorial day weekend.

Here's the recap of my weekend so far. It wasn't nearly as relaxing as I would have liked, but that was my fault. I worked at old navy this weekend. I do that sometimes. I'll be going back full time once school finishes and I'm looking for a job. So... hopefully it will only be for summer.

I didn't do anything special, no trips, no nothing. I went out Thursday and Friday, but besides that I just worked and relaxed.
Amanda's artistic photo skills

Thursday
Thursday I went and watched my friends Adam and Michael play bocce ball. They're in a league in our hometown. It was a nice relaxing event. Michael's mom told me most people like it because you can play and drink. I just watched and drank some corona. It was relaxing.

The game took about 2 hours, I went to home for a little, bit but then we all went to Farrington's and Amanda joined us. I think Farrington's was busier on a Thursday then it was last Friday when I went. It was kind of weird, but it was fun. We just hung out and played pool. Afterwards, we got in n out which, was so good, but I also tend to like in n out all the time. However, it was a nice change from always having Mexican food.

Friday
Everyone that went out Thursday also went out on Friday, but Phill and Alexis joined us too. It was really nice to see them. I haven't seen them in a little while. We all met at Stadium Pub to get drinks, we didn't really have a plan for the night, but downtown Walnut Creek has quite a few bars. It was pretty packed. The service was really bad which I've never had an issue with previously and its always about that full. I was really unhappy about it.

My amazing photo skills 
Afterwards, Phill really wanted to dance. So... we went to Redux. It was more empty then I remember it being. Which, was nice because the drinks didn't take that long to get. I had a really fun night with my friends, but I'm not really sure how I felt about the club as a whole. I usually like it, but Friday was a weird kind of night. It was kind of a flashback to high school which I didn't really enjoy.

Saturday and Sunday
I just worked these two days. We were supposed to go karaoke on Sunday, but for some reason I wasn't really up to it and I didn't really want to spend too much money.

How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun for Memorial Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment