Tuesday, June 23, 2015

27 Thoughts on My First Day of Work

Today was the first day at my new job. It's nothing exciting, at least I wouldn't say it is. I mostly just answer customer inquiries about their Home Owner Associations. It seems like I will have super busy days, which is nice because then the day will go by faster. However, it is a lot of the same task, just incorporating some different things here or there. Anyways, here are just some of the thoughts I had through out the day.

1. What's the name of the other person that interviewed me?

2. I really hope I hear his name before I have to talk to him again.

3. How do I fill out this paperwork?

4. Did  I fill this out right? I don't think I filled this out right.

5. I hate W-4 forms, why are they so confusing.

6. Health Insurance? Do I need health insurance?

7. I have my mom's health insurance, I guess I'll just wait to decide

8. Well obviously I want direct deposit.

9. We've been going over this packet for like an hour.

10. Well it feels like an hour.

11. Why don't I wear a watch?

12. Then i would know what time it is.

13. I really need to use the bathroom, are we almost done?

14. I brought my lunch, where should I eat my lunch?

15. Do other people eat in the kitchen?

16. Will people judge me if I eat there?

17. Well, I need to run to the store anyways.

18. So, I guess I'll eat in my car.

19. At least no one knows me in this random parking lot.

20. 2 hours later.... I've been shadowing this person forever.... can I try myself now?

21. Like really, I don't know what else I'm really going to learn.

22. I'm a hands on learner. It's been 4 hours.

23. Finally, time to go home.

24. Wait, but I just have to come back tomorrow

25. And earlier.

26. OMG! this is the rest of my life

27. Well... I hope I enjoy it.

This is a pretty accurate recommend of my stream of thoughts for the day. I was pretty freaked out all weekend about the fact that I was starting my first Full-Time job. Then when today ended I realized the rest of my life really is going to a job 8 hours a day for the next 40 or so years. That's kind of a crazy mind boggling thought. We work 40 hours a week to provide for ourselves and our eventual families (if we choose to have one). However, the amount of time we truly get to enjoy after a certain age is no where near 50%. We live to work and provide. I guess I always knew that, but now that I have to do it, it sounds kind of bleak and sad.

What do you guys think? Or do you choose not to think about it? I think that's what I'm going to do, ignorance is bliss. It really can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment