Tuesday, June 2, 2015

My First Stitch Fix

I've been waiting to order a stitch fix box basically since I heard about it. And I'm super excited to share with you what I got in my box, but first let me just give you a quick overview of what it is.

Stitch Fix is an online based personal stylist company for women. You sign up and create and online style profile. Then you schedule a fix for as often as you would like which can be I think at the shortest every 3 weeks or just whenever you want. It is not a subscription service, which, to me is the best part. There is a $20 styling fee you do not purchase anything. However, if you purchase all 5 items there is a 25% discount. Which usually resulted in one of the items being free. 

This is not a sponsored post, this is just my opinion of the company. However, if you do use my referral link here, I do get a credit when you order your first fix.

When I opened my box I was honestly a little disappointed that nothing I requested was in the box. Which, I was a little surprised about. All the reviews I've read raved that they were always really good about accommodating what you were looking for.

1. Sanctuary-Mitch Hooded Utility Jacket XS- $98

White generally isn't my style because I'm the biggest klutz in the world and spill food on everything. However, it fit like a glove. If it was a different color I would possibly consider keeping it because I own nothing like it. However, I honestly have no idea without trying on a different color. Return.


2. 41Hawthorn - Trinidad Chevron Striped Henley Top - XS - $48

This top I saw and immediately thought it was a mom shirt. I didn't feel that much better about it when I put it on. However, its slowly growing on me and I might end up keeping it because it is good for work. It also does fit really well. I usually have issues with long sleeves and my shoulders. They don't  get along. However, this one had no issues. It would be a good shirt for work. So, I might keep it. Maybe.


3. Kut From the Kloth - Dayna Skinny Jean - 0 - $88


I put on these pants and instantly fell in love. Like, I love them so, much I might get over how much they cost. You always need a new pair of jeans right? What happens when there's something wrong with the old ones. I might not be able to get over the price, but these jeans are amazing. If they were white distressed ones  I wanted I probably wouldn't hesitate. Maybe. 

4. Market & Spruce - Dafine Chevron Maxi Dress - S - $88


As soon as I knew this dress was a maxi I was unhappy. I was really hoping and praying for a dress for graduation and that just didn't happen. This dress isn't super cute or super ugly. It's just a dress. It was comfy and it fit, but I'm just not feeling a maxi dress right now. It also isn't even a bright color like I asked for.  Return. 


5. Zad - Rosalia Double Strand Necklace

I also received a necklace in this box. I'm thinking about asking for no jewelry if I order again. I don't really know why, its just what I was thinking. I really like this necklace. Its a long necklace that goes perfectly with my basic t-shirts. However, I just bought a gold necklace very similar to this the other day.

All in all i was extremely pleased with how well everything fit. However, I was really disappointed that the two things I really wanted were not in my box. I wish I knew why. All in all, if I had the money I would order again. I will probably order again when I get my first full time job. I will be needing more work clothes. Please ignore the funny faces and my messy desk. I was sending the pictures to my friend for their opinion.

Do you think I should keep the pants or the shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment