Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Marine Corps Weekend

Sorry, this post is coming a day late. I was way too tired to write it yesterday. I'm still pretty tired. I'm ready for bed and its only 9 o'clock. Thursday to Monday was and felt extremely long.

I did have a lot of fun, being with the Marines is always a good time. However, sleeping in tents for 5 days took a major toll on my back. I want a back massage so bad. You have no idea. We were doing probably 16 hour days. Which, I haven't done in forever. So, that in itself was extremely tiring, but on the plus side I made my step count everyday. (and now back to doing like no steps everyday.)

If you've never experienced a range I'm not really sure how well I can explain it to you. When you weren't shooting you were pulling the pits. Which, basically means you were telling the person where they shot and keeping score. It's more relaxing then shooting, but you're still pretty busy.

Sorry for the cussing
I shot in the afternoon when it was ridiculously hot. The rocks were even burning. It made it really hard to shoot. I think I did better then I have shot before which is good because I think I'm a terrible shot. I just can never seem to get into the right position. I feel like I can never see through the RCO correctly and I just have all sorts of issues.

Shooting is definitely one of my least favorite things in the Marine Corps and it also doesn't help that its a deadly weapon in your hands. We ended up not doing the gas chamber, but we still weren't able to leave the range until super late. Basically, this weekend was super long and I'm happy its over and I can relax for at least a little bit before I have to go do Marine stuff for another two weeks. I hope it won't be too bad, but it will just be me and a bunch of higher ups from my unit. So, we'll see how it goes.

I also got a ridiculous face tan. My face is now so much darker then everything else and I feel like it won't get much better after these two weeks. But in the end last year 29 palms was fun. So, I think this year will be as well. P.S. sorry for the cussing, I apparently only saved this one picture. Which makes sense since my phone was mostly dead all weekend.

How was your weekend? Did you have time to do anything fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment