Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Skydiving: The Journey

If you read my blog everyday, like I do. you'll know I was super excited to go skydiving last weekend and if you could tell it didn't happen. I was extremely upset when I found out I wasn't going to be able to go. We kept calling and calling the skydiving place, but their phone was either busy or they were closed. It was ridiculous, how could that many people be calling to schedule an appointment.

By Thursday, we simply gave up trying to go this weekend because we figured it was going to be cloudy like it had been all week. Of course of Saturday it was beautifully sunny. Plus, Friday I talked to one of my friends about it and he said he just always walks in, in Lodi. So... we contemplated doing that, but it was already Friday night and we just decided we'd try another weekend. 

However, we didn't realize another weekend would be 4 weeks from now. I have Marine Corps stuff do not this weekend, but the weekend after and then I'm gone for 2 weeks to 29 Palms. Oh joy! 

I'm a little worried skydiving might just not be in the cards for me. I've been wanting to go since probably my senior year in High School, but somehow I've never found a chance to go. I could never justify spending the money and now when I have the money, I apparently can't find the time. Which seems absolutely ridiculous to me. 

I have a feeling jumping out of an airplane isn't that hard for some people, but for me. It's been quite the annoying journey. I'm so.... ready to just get it over with already. I want to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. If you ask my friend Adam why he'll say I'm an adrenaline junky, but I don't think so. I think it will just be ridiculously funny. We all just need a little fun in our lives and to cross things off your bucket lists. This is definitely one I plan on crossing off before the year is up. 

How was your journey skydiving? Was it as difficult as mine? 

No comments:

Post a Comment