Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekend Roundup #14

So, I know I've been a little MIA recently and I'm so so so sorry. These next two weeks might be the same way. One because I'm busy in the middle of the desert with Marine stuff and two there just might not be that much to talk about. Anyways, on to this past weekend.

This weekend I went and helped out with this program called Young Marines. In 2002 The Golden Gate Young Marines was founded and my sisters and I joined. It definitely had an affect on who I am and played a part in the reason I chose to become a Marines. However, I wouldn't say it was the reason I joined the Marine Corps.

Anyways, so, since Wednesday they have been holding their bootcamp for kids to join the program. I've been trying to help out for a while and they finally started asking me to go and I feel so bad saying no because of the impact it had on my life. So, I went to their 4th of July parade a couple weeks ago and then I finally caved and went out Friday night and stayed until Saturday night. Which was literally all the time I could give. I got home so late Saturday and then I had to come and pack to be in 29 Palms on Sunday.


I really feel like I didn't help that much, but all the parents really seemed to appreciate that I was there. I really just tried to help them teach everything and show them the correct way to do things. For me my biggest pet peeve is hair. I don't like hair that isn't squared away. So... I definitely told them about that.

The program is really different now then when I was in, which makes it hard being there because I expect it to be one way and that's not the way it is anymore. The program as a whole has changed, its something hard for me to understand.

Sunday was really just a traveling day for me. I woke up and just finished packing before I headed out to San Jose to catch my flight. I left San Jose around 2:30pm and got to 29 Palms around 8:00pm. I checked into my room and now its time for bed. So... it was a pretty boring day like most traveling days.

This is my room hopefully for the next two weeks and not just the night. It's pretty much a hotel room. It's pretty sweet. I will need to figure out how to set up my wifi tomorrow because my phone doesn't want to let me view anything without it.

What did you do over the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment