Thursday, September 3, 2015

Getting Your Car Fixed

I recently had to get some body work done on my car and it was the biggest hassle in the world. While I was away for training with the Marines my brother decided he should take my car out and fender bender someone. It took like three weeks to get fixed. What made it even more stressful was that my parents said they would handle it, but they were taking forever doing it. I definitely thought it would all be taken care of while I was still gone, or at least in the shop all ready.

By the time I got home, They had just barely had it looked at and they wouldn't be getting the quote for another 3 days. We had no idea how long it would be in the shop for and we didn't know when we could take it in. My parents didn't seem to worried about.  Which was making me more frustrated because I had made plans for that weekend before I even left. So, if I had to take it in I had no idea what I was going to do. So, I was looking the 5 million different scenarios of what I would have to do.

Luckily, it ended up that we didn't have to take it in until the following Monday, but we still didn't know how long it would take and I always prefer my car over my moms. It ended up taking a whole week to get it fixed. I was so sad and I still wasn't talking to the body shop guy. So, it made it so much more stressful because my mom wasn't getting updates and finding out when it was going to be done. So, I had no idea when I would be able to get my car or anything. But it finally came back last Friday and I was the happiest girl in the world. It came back all shiny and pretty.

Moral of the story for me getting your car fixed definitely sucks. And I learned today that it will be going back very very shortly. I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'm hoping that everything won't take to long. The guy said the breaks should be fast, but I realized if I'm taking it in, I might as well get everything else that needs to be fixed fixed too. It probably needs a tune up, a oil change, my check engine light is on, but someone else is going to check that out. Plus, the guy said that I need to change my front tires before the rain comes in. Assuming it rains at all in California.

And all I went in for was more break fluid because my car freaked out the other day. I'm not sure when I'm going to get everything fixed, but he says I should definitely do the breaks ASAP. So, after I get the engine checked next week, I might go get that checked as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment