Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Saturday Night: Auction

Saturday night I really wanted to go to the city, but it ended up not paying out which actually worked out for the best because I had such a good time with my family at my nephews school auction. Plus, I got an unlimited drinks wristband. So, it was an open bar, well.... at least for me.

I started the night with wine (Chardonnay) and I switched to beer later. I love wine, but it gives me a horrible hangover the next day, but more on that later. I will tell you that I had enough drinks that for a normal bar would be over $15, but since they were only $2 each here, I definitely didn't spend all my money, but its ok because it was for a good cause.

I honestly, was a little worried it was going to be a little boring, but it definitely wasn't. There was some pretty cool stuff you could bid on too. I ended up winning? buying? A wine tasting for 6 in Livermore. I'm a little worried it might only be red wine, but it will still be super fun to do with my sisters when Amanda is home for Thanksgiving. I can't wait.

The auction had a buffet of a bunch of food in Concord, none of it was really memorable. They had lots of games you could play with tickets. My cousin ended up winning like all her money back in gift cards and prizes, it was kinda crazy.

They even had an adorable photo booth that was an actual camera. So, the pictures were crazy good. We could even get the single shots if we wanted. This one, I'm really happy about. Its also really nice that it was the biggest one on the page. 

All in all the auction was a nice fun night out with my sister and my cousin Kelly. I wish I could put it into words how much fun I had that night. It was just a really nice change of pace i think. Plus, I didn't even notice that I was probably the youngest person there. So, I definitely had a fun time. 






1 comment: